Monday 31 October 2016

The Greatest Sacrifice

Happy Monday Dearies!

How did your weekend go? October is on it's way out and November is standing by to come in. All thanks to our Great God for keeping us all fit and hale.

Over the weekend, I was preparing lunch for the family and was in so much pain, ouch! Did I stop cooking?Absolutely no!
There are two persons in my family that do not like eating boiled beef, chevon, chicken, fish...just name it, I "must" fry them else, they'll eat very little and forfeit the whole essence of my cooking. Who would spend hours in the kitchen fixing a meal and "two persons" wouldn't eat that sumptuous meal, no way! It ain't happening?😃You'll be wondering why I was in pains in the kitchen...hhmmm! I was preparing "fried" fish stew to be eaten with boiled sweet potatoes and by now you would have guessed why I was "ouching and ouching". That very hot oil from my old frying pain splashed on my wrist and I suffered a little burn and blisters but I'm healing well.

The Bible says I should forgive 70 X 7 times anyone who offends me so I have forgiven way more than this number hence I can decide on what to do.
Here is my judgement: You are hereby sentenced to 3 years imprisonment with no work, no hard labour but just to sleep and another will be replacing you. Phew! That was fair, wasn't it?

My new pan I had bought for years will be resuming duty... Sniff! Sniff! I'll be missing my old frying pan that I have refused to let go for so long but hey, we need change sometimes. We all make sacrifices for our loved ones in so many ways we sometimes do not even realise. Even while in pains, we still persevere and keep at whatever we're doing.

What's that "special old thing" you have refused to let go? 
How did you feel when you eventually let go of it?What great sacrifice have you ever made for your loved ones?
 I'm all ears, let it out. 

Have a productive week ahead.


P.S: The "must" is actually not a must because they'll eat it without complaining but I don't get my full compliment for all my labour of love in the kitchen. Who doesn't enjoy compliments?😃

P.P.S: A deep fryer isn't an option for frying fish because I'll be needing lots of vegetable oil and I wouldn't want to re-use it but with a frying pan, a little oil will just be fine.


Stay Pretty!


Hugs and Blesings.

No comments:

Post a Comment