Wednesday 2 November 2016

The First Date

Hi Great Ones😃

Happy New Month!!! May our dearest heart desires be met just before the year comes to an end.

This wasn't today's scheduled post but I remembered this just now and thought we should discuss it.

A friend of mine was to go on a date with a guy she's been communicating with via phone and text. On the said day, she stopped by at my house to pass time because the date was later in the evening. Honestly when I saw her, my first question was... Is this what you'll be wearing for the date? She answered in the affirmative but I wasn't so pleased, we discussed it and let the matter rest.

She actually said, her dressing was intentional because she was most comfortable in that "unusual dress" for the day. This is a friend I've known for years and will never be caught in such, lol! Some hours later, she was back home and we spoke over the phone.

Our conversation
Pretty Diyem: How did it go?
My Friend: Great, we talked liked we've been friends for years.
Pretty Diyem: Whao! Good to know.
My Friend: (change of voice tone). He asked why I dressed "that way", he gave me a quizzical look and I was so uncomfortable. He suggested and even pointed to a lady as to how he would have loved I dressed. Also asked why I didn't make my hair.
Pretty Diyem: ( I was attentive with my mouth open as in awww), I wanted to say I told you but didn't so as not aggravate the issue.

 My observations
I didn't like the fact that he condemned her dressing that day and even compared her with a random passer-by. The essence of the date was ruined by his comments. I'm not saying a guy shouldn't remark about his chick's look but in this case, they ain't even in a relationship. What do you think?


Let's discuss!
Should a guy say such on a first date?
If you were the lady, what would your reaction be?


P.S: The unusual dress I meant was not in the negative but she was so covered up like a nun (pun intended)😃. Turtle neck top and ankle length skirt...you should be laughing with me now, lol. Who dresses to a date like that? She was a team natural hence the hair question.





Stay Pretty!

Hugs and Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment