Monday 14 November 2016

Motivational Monday: Don't Stop It!

Howdy Pretties!

I know you are doing so well! It's our "MM" today and our topic for discussion might be a little difficult to implement basically because of the present economy of our country but I don't think that should be a barrier when you think of the impact and blessings of your acts. A little kindness will do no harm.

I heard a feeble knock on my door that sunny afternoon and on getting to the door, I met two young sad faces. They were ushered in lovingly but with quizzical look all over.
The elder handed over a little folded paper to me, I became more scared because of the look on their faces but the younger said "my mum told us to give you". With anxiety, I read through this note and I cried silently.
These adorables had not eaten since the afternoon before and it was 3:20 pm of that day meaning they had stayed for 24 hours without food. OMG!!! We were all done eating lunch but thank God for mum's advice.

My mum's advice: You should always cook for the family with at least one additional 'visitor' because you never can tell who will come knocking at your door and honestly, I grew up seeing my parents do this and it has always put a smile on people's faces. I'm so happy I heeded/heeding to her advice and I derive so much joy in doing this.😃

Some minutes later, the two adorables were beaming with smile and I heard them talking audibly since their arrival. I could hear them play with my adorables and they were all giggling away. Words cannot explain the happiness and fulfillment I felt within me!

Of course, the needful was done aside just feeding them and I am so humbled to be used by God to be a blessing to my neighbour( not my next door neighbour but as the Bible says; "Thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself" Mark 12:31. 
With the present economy of the country, the slogan everywhere is recession this, recession that! Please, don't let that halt you from giving if it's within your capacity.
Giving is not only monetary, clothing nor feeding. It could be as little as giving a friend a shoulder to lean on, giving encouraging words, giving love, having someone's back and the list is endless.

This story above isn't fictional, it's actually just one of the numerous I have experienced but this is so unforgettable because of the adorables involved.

Lessons learnt 
*Your widow's mite could be a life saver.
*Never underestimate the power of giving.
*The hands that give stays on top always.


Motivational Quote: I've learnt that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou 


What do you think, please let's discuss.



Stay Pretty!

Hugs and Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment